We are delighted to present the inaugural Frontiers in Pharmacology “Pharmacoepidemiology: 2021” series of article collections. Recognising the future leaders in Pharmacoepidemiology is fundamental to safeguarding tomorrow's driving force in innovation.
This Research Topic is part of the Rising Stars in Pharmacology
series. Other titles in this series include:Rising Stars in Drugs Outcomes Research and Policies: 2021Rising Stars in Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics: 2021Rising Stars in Pharmacology of Ion Channels and Channelopathies: 2021
This Research Topic article collection will showcase the high-quality work of up-and-coming researchers in the early stages of their careers. The aim of this collection is to showcase the high-quality work of early career researchers within 10 years of PhD or MD completion across the entire breadth of Pharmacoepidemiology, and present advances in theory, experiment and methodology with applications to compelling problems.
All Rising Star researchers will be suggested by established Editors within our board in recognition of their influence on the future directions in their respective fields. While future innovations in the field are yet to be discovered, this Research Topic will give us a hint at whom to follow.
This Research Topic aims to focus on contributions covering but not limited to:
• Post-marketing observational studies on medications, particularly in populations routinely excluded from clinical trials such as children, pregnant women, and elderlies
• Observational studies on First Nations, racialized groups, and immigrant populations
• Real-world evidence using large population-based administrative or clinical databases
• Pharmacoepidemiologic real world evidence methodology
• Novel pharmacoepidemiologic methodology such as artificial intelligence and deep learning models
• Pharmacoeconomic studies
Please note: Contributions to the collection are by invitation only, so please inform the Editorial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be considered for participation in this collection.
Different Article Types can be submitted to the Research Topic including Original Research, Review, Mini-Review, Brief Research Report, Perspective articles, among others. You can find detailed information here