This Research Topic is the second volume of "Case Reports in Coronary Artery Disease". Please see the first volume here
This Research Topic will collect all case reports submitted to coronary artery disease. All the case reports submitted to this collection will be assessed by a senior Associate Editor before the beginning of the peer review process. Please make sure your article adheres to the following guidelines before submitting.
Case reports highlight unique cases of patients that present with an unexpected diagnosis, treatment outcome, or clinical course. Only case reports that are original and significantly advance the field with be considered:
1) RARE case with TYPICAL features
2) FREQUENT case with TYPICAL features
3) Cases with a convincing response to new treatments
Case report format:
• Maximum word count: 3000 words
• Title: Case Report: "area of focus"
• Introduction: including what is unique about the case and medical literature references.
• Case description: including de-identified patient information, relevant physical examination and other clinical findings, relevant past interventions, and their outcomes
• A figure or table showcasing a timeline with relevant data from the episode of care
• Diagnostic assessment, details on the therapeutic intervention, follow-up, and outcomes as specified in the CARE guidelines
• Discussion: strengths and limitations of the approach to the case, discussion of the relevant medical literature (similar and contrasting cases), take-away lessons from the case
• Patient perspectives
Please, note that authors are required to obtain written informed consent from the patients (or their legal representative) for the publication.IMPORTANT
: Any case reports submitted to the coronary artery disease section outside of this collection might experience delays, as they will be sent for assessment prior to beginning the peer review.