This Research Topic is Volume II of a series. The previous volumes, which have attracted near 10,000 views can be found here: Planning, Operation and Control of Modern Power System with Large-scale Renewable Energy Generations
The rapid development and utilization of renewable energy generations (REGs), such as wind power and photovoltaic power, is an important measure for modern power system to achieve carbon neutrality and solve global energy crisis. However, the randomness and volatility of renewable energy generations lead to serious reliability concerns and financial risks to different decision-makers, and the large-scale integration of power electronic brings huge challenges to the planning, operation and control optimization of renewable energy-based systems. Therefore, to achieve the integration of large-scale renewable energy generations, advanced planning, operation and control optimization methods and strategies for modern power systems are required to be developed based on the state-of-the-art power system technologies. The aim of this Research Topic is to report the latest advancements in planning, operation and control optimization of large-scale renewable energy generations in modern power system to solve potential difficulties and challenges.
Authors are encouraged to submit their original research and review articles in theoretical, methodological, or practical focuses, such as the optimization methods, models, policies, algorithms, and applications. Potential topics aim at covering themes including, but not limited to:
1. Optimizing modern power system with large-scale REGs planning, generation and transmission network coordinate planning, distribution network planning, etc.
2. Modern power system with large-scale REGs operation optimization, including power system unit commitment, economic dispatch, optimal power flow, etc.
3. Modern power system with large-scale REGs control, including power system frequency control, voltage control, generation control, etc.
4. The energy trading mechanism for renewable energy generations in wholesale electricity market, retail electricity market and local electricity market.
5. Energy storages to facilitate renewable energy integration in modern power system
6. Stability characteristics analysis of modern power system with large-scale REGs integration
7. Practical or theoretical issues in modern power system
8. AI application for renewable energy generations optimization in modern power system.